The application process begins January 17, 2017 and ends February 7, 2017. Applications received after this time will be considered if space is available. A downloadable PDF of this information is available here: Admission Requirements
1. Obtain, complete and return the items listed below to the School Office. An application will not be considered without all items.
- Baptismal certificate (if applicable)
- Birth certificate
- Pre-School/Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten Evaluation/Recommendation (Gr. K.)
- Report card and standardized test scores from current elementary or middle school (Gr. 1-7)
- $50 Registration fee for new applicants; $25 for reapplications
2. Applicant is assessed by Christ the King personnel.
3. Applying family is interviewed by the Christ the King Catholic School Principal.
Priority for Admission
Once it has been established, through interview and testing, that a child meets the academic and social requirements necessary for entrance into a particular grade, the following priorities are used in accepting students:
- Students enrolled in the previous year
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in our school
- Children baptized in the Catholic faith
- Children of Alumni
- Children whose parents are active CTK parishioners. An active parishioner:
- Is a registered member of Christ the King Parish and is actively participating in one or more ministries and/or groups within the parish
- Uses the Sunday offertory envelope or online giving on a regular basis. Regular use is defined as use of Christ the King Parish Offertory Envelopes at least six (6) times during the period between July 1, and December 30, and at least six (6) times during the period between January 1 and June 30 or the equivalent through online giving. The rationale for this policy is that it demonstrates the willingness of families to participate in and be supportive, according to their means, of the faith community in which their children are being educated.
6. Transfers from another Catholic school
7. Catholic families inside or outside the Christ the King Parish
8. Non-Catholic families
Parents/guardians will be formally notified by letter indicating whether the applicant is or is not accepted for open class spots. If accepted, the applicant will sign a contract and complete necessary paper work. By accepting a position at Christ the King Catholic School, the applicant agrees to do the following:
1. Abide by the rules of Christ the King Catholic School as stated in the School Handbook.
2. Pay tuition promptly by the date(s) indicated on the tuition contract (Tuition increases 3-5% each year for cost of living):
|1 payment||August 1, 2017|
|2 payments||August 1, 2017 and January 1, 2018|
|10 payments||August 1, 2017 through May 1, 2018|
3. Perform 31 hours of Family Service by May 31, 2018:
|Personal Choice||15 hours|
4. Contribute $250 to the Christ the King Catholic School Fund by April 30, 2018 through one or more of the following:
- Cash contribution
- Scrip, e-scrip, or Preferred Customer program participation
- United Way or Matching Grant programs
5. Fund Raisers - Each school family is expected to be supportive of the fund raising projects scheduled throughout the year to the best of their ability. The funds received in addition to tuition are crucial if we are to continue to keep tuition rates well below actual per pupil costs.