Published April 10, 2018 22:25
Dear School Families,
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES
Wednesday, April 11: Minimum Day Dismissal - 12:00 p.m.
Sing with Carondelet Choir enrollment deadline
Thursday, April 12: Hot Lunch - Burritos
Mother Son Event tickets for sale at school - 3:00 p.m.
Friday, April 13: Dress Uniform
Mass 8:00 a.m. - Gr. 5 prepares
Mother Son Event tickets for sale at school - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 14: 1st Eucharist 10:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 15: Drop off for Starbooks & Country Store at Pod 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Monday, April 16: Winter Nights
Tuesday, April 17: Winter Nights
Saturday, April 21: 1st Eucharist 11:00 a.m.
FACE Auction Gala
CALENDAR INFORMATION FOR 2018-2019
• First Day of School: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 beginning at 8:00 a.m. with dismissal at 12:00 p.m.
• Thanksgiving Vacation: Monday, November 19th thru Friday, November 23rd. Students return Monday, November 26th.
• Christmas Vacation: Thursday, December 20th at 12:00 p.m. thru Friday, January 4th, 2019. Students return Monday, January 7th.
• Easter Vacation: Thursday, April 18th at 12:00 p.m. (Holy Thursday) thru Friday, April 26th, 2019. Students return Monday, April 29th.
The remainder of the calendar will be updated as information becomes available.
REQUEST FOR PRAYERS: For those who are sick, homeless, hungry, and without work. We pray for all those who work in Catholic education and we thank them for this valuable ministry to our church.
FAMILY SERVICE HOURS: You will receive a statement of Family Service Hours reported for your family in next Tuesday’s envelope. The statement will reflect all hours entered into the online system before MIDNIGHT on Saturday, April 14. Many thanks to those that have already entered their time. A few lessons learned from our “early adopters”:
• Use the comments field as your running record; include the date(s) or date range of the hours you have already submitted. This is especially important if you support recurring tasks, so when you return to the system later in the year to enter more hours, you know exactly where you left off.
• If you and a partner worked hours together that are to be credited to your family’s account, enter the TOTAL number of hours and use the comments field to describe the breakdown. For example, if two people each worked 3 hours setting up for Auction, sign up for 6 one-hour spots, and describe who did what in the comments.
REMINDER: If you are donating hours or are receiving a donation of hours, the donating family should enter the hours worked into the system in the same manner as any other hours worked, and may designate the specific hours for the donation in the comments. The donating family should then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org identifying the hours to be donated and the family to receive them, copying the recipient family. The transfer of hours will be completed in the system on the back end by the service coordinator, not by the receiving family. Transfers should show up in the system within 72 hours.
MOTHER-SON EVENT: Mother / Son Event-Into the Great Outdoors! The 4th annual Mother/Son Event is an all-new outdoor, wilderness and archery adventure on Sunday, May 6 from 10am - 1pm at the Lafayette Reservoir (Upper Reserved Picnic Area). The day will include fun games, a blind rope maze, planet swap and of course Archery. Two groups will be created so older boys can count on being more challenged in the games and archery. We have gourmet sandwiches (choices available), snacks, fruit, chips, drinks, and a variety of desserts sure to please everyone. Just wait until you see the prizes we will be raffling off! Each boy will get one raffle ticket. Sample prizes include: Take me to the Movies gift basket, Play Ball Giants basket, Pool Fun Swimming Pack, De La Salle Goody Bag, and Hoop Dreams Warriors basket. Each mom gets a chance to win a lovely Spa basket. All this for just $65 per pair (Mom + 1 Son) and $25 for each additional son. For more information, please see the flyer in today’s download or Contact Arlene Santos (email@example.com) or Carolyn Della Maggiore (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will also be selling tickets after school on Thursday April 12th and Thursday April 19th.
MENTORS NEEDED: We are looking for families interested in welcoming newcomers through our Mentoring Program for the upcoming school year. The goal of the Mentoring Program is simple: To help families new to CTK feel welcomed and connected to our school while imparting useful information relating to our policies and procedures. Typically, mentors make phone contact with a new CTK family several times and may arrange a face-to-face meeting if schedules allow. It is not a significant time commitment, but can make a big difference in helping someone assimilate into the CTK family. Please contact Eileen Brinker at email@example.com if your family would like to volunteer.
LOST AND FOUND ITEMS: Please stop by to look through and or pick up sweatshirts, jackets and other items. Lost and found items will be on the cart in front of the office Wednesday-Friday.
APRIL TUITION REMINDER: April tuition payment was due on April 1st and was late on April 8th.
FINAL TUITION PAYMENT: For families utilizing the 10-month payment option, your final tuition payment for the 2017-2018 school year is due on May 1st and will be delinquent on May 8th. No payments are due June and July. All families must have their tuition accounts paid in full by May 1, 2018. If you are in need of an extended payment plan you must contact the school office to make arrangements. Current students will not be considered re-registered for the 2018-2019 school year as long as this year’s tuition is unpaid. The first tuition payment for 2018-2019 is due on August 1, 2018.
FESTIVAL MEDIEVAL MADNESS: Festival needs your help!
• Festival Signups: The Festival signups will be available for school families at 8pm on April 18. An email sent from CTKFESTIVALSCHEDULING@GMAIL.COM that contains the link to the site will be sent in advance. The e-mail distribution list will be the same one used for the Online Reporting of Family Service Hours email that was sent on March 27. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE the email sent on March 27, please send a note to CTKFESTIVALSCHEDULING@GMAIL.COM so that the distribution list can be updated with your correct email address.
• “Like new’ stuffed animals and glassware (glasses, cups, small dishes): Please bring your donations to the school office lobby in a box or bag labeled ‘Festival.’
• Baked goods: Please contact Nancy Molina at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help for the cakewalk and for bingo desserts.
• Talent for our talent show!: Talent Show will be Saturday, May 19 at 2:00pm, with a mandatory rehearsal on Thursday, May 3rd at 3:00pm. Students, Parents and Parishioners welcome! Email email@example.com for more information.
• Raffle ticket mailing project: If you need fundraising hours that you can do from the comfort of your home then we need you! This project will take place over the next two weeks. If you can help please contact Lindsay Melaas at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP for more details.
Please read the following specifications carefully:
• Starbooks: We accept clean and gently used books for adults and children in these categories: fiction, non-fiction, religion, travel, cooking, self-help, parenting, gardening, hobbies, sports, arts and crafts, mystery, romance, sci-fi, philosophy, arts, animals, politics and more. We also accept CDs and DVDs and audio books. Please NO textbooks, magazines, VHS/cassette tapes or encyclopedias!! If you have any questions and/or would like to help with book sorting please contact Suellen Noland (email@example.com). We especially need sturdy copy paper boxes with lids.
• Country Store: New, or gently used items but please no furniture, clothing, computers/TV’s, etc. Please NO JUNK and remember that these items will be resold. We are in need of shelves or small concrete blocks (to borrow for store setup) and any extra shopping bags. Contact Stephanie Jullien at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-708-2422.
• DROP OFF for Starbooks and Country Store: Items for Starbooks and Country Store must be dropped off in our storage pod, which is located next to the youth house, adjacent to the main parking lot. Please DO NOT drop off in front of school office or gym. Drop off dates and times are as follows:
• 4/15 8:30-12:00 p.m.
• 4/22 8:30-12:00 p.m.
• 4/29 8:30-12:00 p.m.
• 5/5 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
• 5/12 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Additionally, drop off at school drop off/pick up times may also be available. Please watch the bulletin for details.
Thank you everyone for all your help!
-Festival Planning Committee
CTK MONSIGNOR WADE GOLF TOURNAMENT: Save This Date! The tradition continues on September 10, 2018! The 22nd Annual Monsignor Wade Memorial Golf Tournament will take place at Oakhurst Country Club on Monday, September 10, 2018. For over two decades, this tournament has been a great way to raise funds for our school, build community and enjoy an awesome day of golf on a beautiful course. Get involved now! Join the CTK Golf Committee as a new member this year to help us plan the day and grow our list of partners. Or sign on as a tournament partner right now to help us make this year’s event the best one yet. If you know a local business that might be interested in being partner this year, please let us know. For more info, contact the CTK Golf Committee at email@example.com.
PARISH AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
WEBSITE ASSISTANCE NEEDED: The CTK Parish Faith in Action Committee is in need of a volunteer who can maintain the Committee's webpage on the Parish Website. After an initial update, ongoing work would likely only involve a few hours per month. If you'd be interested in helping, please contact Pat Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org
DIOCESE OF OAKLAND FACE AUCTION APRIL 21, 2018: Started in 1978, this program helps put over 700 children into Diocese of Oakland schools with tuition assistance on an annual basis. This year marks the 40th year since the inception of FACE, which remains firm in its unwavering mission to break the cycle of poverty in the East Bay, one family at a time, by helping provide access to quality education. This year’s Gala will be in honor of The Most Reverend John S. Cummins, Bishop Emeritus of Oakland, for his 90th birthday and his instrumental role in the founding of FACE. Should members of the community be interested in joining the Diocesan community at large, the link for tickets is: https://faceofoakland.ejoinme.org/tickets-sponsorships
VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS AT CARONDELET HIGH SCHOOL: Carondelet High School is inviting our families to participate in the following events:
For current 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students:
• An invitation to sing with our choir in the Spring Concert (Deadline to enroll extended to 4/11)
• An invitation to submit work to our 1st annual Art Contest (Deadline to submit work 4/23)
Please see the flyers in today’s download for more information.
For the school community to enjoy:
The annual “Winton Arts Festival”- a celebration of the artistic programs at both Carondelet and De La Salle High Schools. We invite you and your school communities to attend any (or all!) of these events which both highlight and showcase student work. Events include:
• April 20 - Choir Concert & Dance Showcase at 7 p.m. in the Carondelet Gym
• April 26-May 5 - Company presents Little Shop of Horrors (https://www.dlshs.org/arts/company) in the De La Salle Theater
• April 27 - Art Show opening at 6 p.m. at De La Salle (view the art before and after Little Shop of Horrors)
• May 11 - Concert & Jazz Band Concert at 7 p.m. in DLS Theater
We look forward to welcoming you at our Winton Arts Festival events. Let’s celebrate the artistic efforts of these fine students!
4TH ANNUAL HOPE WALK: Please join Cancer Support Community for its 4th Annual Hope Walk scheduled for Saturday, May 19th at Heather Farm from 8:30-12:30 pm. The registration fee is $25 and includes an event t-shirt. Register at hopewalkbayarea.net. Questions about the walk or the FREE services CSC provides to people who face cancer? Please call Carol at CSC 925-953-1209.