Published April 17, 2018 20:18
Dear School Families,
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES
Tuesday, April 17: CTK Spiritwear Sale begins today! See below for information.
Wednesday, April 18: Dismissal - 2:15 p.m.
Thursday, April 19: Hot Lunch - Hot Dogs
Mother Son Event tickets for sale at school - 3:00 p.m.
Friday, April 20: Dress Uniform
Mass 8:00 a.m. - Gr. 1 prepares
Choir Concert & Dance Showcase in the Carondelet Gym - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 21: First Eucharist 11:00 a.m.
FACE Auction Gala
Sunday, April 22: Drop off for Starbooks & Country Store at Pod 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Monday, April 23: Winter Nights ends
Tuesday, April 24: Free Dress Day - Courtesy of the McGrane Family
Midpoint 3rd Trimester
Wednesday, April 25: Loaves & Fishes - Gr. 7 & 8
Thursday, April 26: Gr. 4 Field Trip 6:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Gr. 8 Retreat
Hot Lunch - Pulled Pork
Last day to order Scrip for 2017-2018 year
Friday, April 27: School Holiday
Last day to order CTK Spiritwear!
REQUEST FOR PRAYERS: For those who are sick, homeless, hungry, and without work. We pray for all those who work in Catholic education and we thank them for this valuable ministry to our church.
YOUNG AUTHORS FAIR: Congratulations to all of the Young Author winners. This year we had some wonderfully well-written writings from students in 3rd through 8th grade. Out of all of the students who submitted their work, we had 25 winners who are listed below. An awards ceremony will be held at St. Mary School on Saturday, April 28th at 1 p.m. A local children’s author will speak prior to the distribution of awards. Books will be on display at St. Mary School between 12:00 and 3:00 p.m. on the day of the ceremony.
• Honorable Mention for a fiction book titled Calvin: Clara Mills, Blake McCall, and Mackenzy Wasser
• Honorable Mention for a special genre book titled Bloo Waters: Giulia Dumais
• First Place for a graphic novel titled The Adventures of Pete: Mia Brinker and Carolyn Jaynes
• Second Place for a fiction book titled Escape from the Unknown: Joaquin Alvarez, Jack Williams and Edgar Ornelas
• First Place for a fiction book titled The Argentum Sphere: James Lakin
• First Place for a special genre titled Water and Blood: Madison Chua and Abby Stofer
• First Place for a children’s book titled Count to 20 All the Way Home: Karlie Makhoul
• First Place for a religious theme book titled If I Met God: Carlos Feliciano
• Second Place for a children’s book titled The Gloomy Garbage Can: Caroline Rardin
• Honorable Mention for a graphic novel titled The Life of a Flower: Morgan Blair, Keira Dooley and Abigail Callahan
• First Place for a special genre book title Mountain Biking: Caden Barger, Colin Sweeney, and Jack Mullane
• First Place for a children’s book titled Jade & Ellie: A Quest for Equality: Sydney Johnson and Nicole Abudayeh
• Second Place for a poetry book titled The Second Ascension: Juan C. Sequeira
• Honorable Mention for a religious theme book titled A to Z: African Saints, Martyrs & Companions: Leia Marshall
Thank you to all who participated!
MOTHER / SON EVENT-YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS! The 4th annual Mother/Son Event is an all-new outdoor, wilderness and archery adventure on Sunday, May 6 from 10-1:00 p.m. at the Lafayette Reservoir (Upper Reserved Picnic Area). Did we mention the fun, well designed, well-made commemorative t-shirts available? See the flyer in today’s download. New prize added to our already impressive list: Ultimate Fieldhouse Basket! The day will include fun games, a blind rope maze, planet swap and of course Archery. Don’t forget that older boys can count on being more challenged in the games and archery since we will have groups. Gourmet sandwiches from Sprouts (choices available), snacks, fruit, chips, beverages and a variety of desserts sure to please everyone. Each boy will get one raffle ticket for a chance to win: sample prizes include: Take me to the Movies gift basket, Play Ball Giants basket, Pool Fun Swimming Pack, De La Salle Goody Bag, and Hoop Dreams Warriors basket. Moms are in on this as well, chance to win a lovely Spa basket. All this for just $65 per pair (Mom + 1 Son) and $25 for each additional son. For more information, please see the flyer below or Contact Arlene Santos (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Carolyn Della Maggiore (email@example.com). We will be selling tickets after school on Thursday April 19th, stop by to check out the t-shirts.
MENTORS NEEDED: We are looking for families interested in welcoming newcomers through our Mentoring Program for the upcoming school year. The goal of the Mentoring Program is simple: To help families new to CTK feel welcomed and connected to our school while imparting useful information relating to our policies and procedures. Typically, mentors make phone contact with a new CTK family several times and may arrange a face-to-face meeting if schedules allow. It is not a significant time commitment, but can make a big difference in helping someone assimilate into the CTK family. Please contact Eileen Brinker at firstname.lastname@example.org if your family would like to volunteer.
FINAL TUITION PAYMENT: For families utilizing the 10-month payment option, your final tuition payment for the 2017-2018 school year is due on May 1st and will be delinquent on May 8th. No payments are due June and July. All families must have their tuition accounts paid in full by May 1, 2018. If you are in need of an extended payment plan you must contact the school office to make arrangements. Current students will not be considered re-registered for the 2018-2019 school year as long as this year’s tuition is unpaid. The first tuition payment for 2018-2019 is due on August 1, 2018.
CTK SPIRITWEAR: Important Dates - Spirit-wear Sales Tuesday, April 17 - Friday, April 27
The Parent Association is excited to announce Spirit-wear Sales for CTK Students and Family.
• Spirit-wear can only be purchased through an online store during April 17 - April 27, then will be delivered to your child’s classroom in Mid-May.
• Adult and Child sizes are available, there are no returns or exchanges so please review the sizing charts on the website.
• Spirit-wear will not replace uniform requirements, but will share our school spirit outside of school and on the occasional free dress day.
• Visit https://ctkspiritwear.itemorder.com to place your order with our vendor Gryco.
• The next sale will happen early in the 2018-2019 school year.
FAMILY SERVICE HOURS STATEMENTS: Statements as of April 16, 2018 are in your Family Envelope today. Please review them closely. If this statement does not match your records, please follow the instructions included in today’s Family Envelope download to ensure corrections are made as soon as possible.
SCRIP NEWS: Last opportunity to make your SCRIP purchase count toward this school year’s School Fund Assessment is the order date of April 26th. The delivery of SCRIP purchased on this date will take place on May 3rd. All purchases after April 26th will count towards the next school year.
ScripSense users, please send in your account statement (screenshot of your earnings on your dashboard) by May 1st, if you’d like to include April 2018’s earnings. Also, please make sure that all family/friends who contribute to your school family account submit their statement together with your own statement. Please send statements to the attention of: Maryann Harrison. May 1st is the final deadline as year-end statements will be issued shortly thereafter.
You can begin ordering for the 2018-19 school year beginning April 27th. The last order date before summer break is May 31st with delivery on June 7th. Plan your summer SCRIP needs and stock up. Don’t forget to order Classic Design Uniform Store SCRIP- these MAY NOT be available during the Uniform Sales Day! There will be NO physical SCRIP card sales during the summer. You can still purchase scripnow ecards and reload now through shopwithscrip during the summer months.
FESTIVAL MEDIEVAL MADNESS: Festival needs your help!
• Festival Signups: The Festival signups will be available for school families at 8pm on April 18. An email sent from CTKFESTIVALSCHEDULING@GMAIL.COM that contains the link to the site will be sent in advance. The e-mail distribution list will be the same one used for the Online Reporting of Family Service Hours email that was sent on March 27. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE the email sent on March 27, please send a note to CTKFESTIVALSCHEDULING@GMAIL.COM so that the distribution list can be updated with your correct email address.
• “Like new’ stuffed animals and glassware (glasses, cups, small dishes): Please bring your donations to the school office lobby in a box or bag labeled ‘Festival.’
• Baked goods: Please contact Nancy Molina at email@example.com if you are able to help for the cakewalk and for bingo desserts.
• Talent for our talent show!: CTK TALENT SHOW IS COMING SOON! Have you thought of your talent yet? Are you practicing? It’s not too late! CTK Talent Show will be held Saturday, May 19th from 2:00-4:00 p.m. during the festival! For those planning to perform, please fill out the attached permission slip and act information sheet and return to the school office. The talent show practice will be held on Thursday, May 3rd from 3:00- 4:30 p.m. in the amphitheater. Email Amy Ghisletta (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marisa Cox (email@example.com) with any questions. Can’t wait to see all of CTK’s talent!!!
• Raffle ticket mailing project: If you need fundraising hours that you can do from the comfort of your home then we need you! This project will take place over the next two weeks. If you can help please contact Lindsay Melaas at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP for more details.
Please read the following specifications carefully:
• Starbooks: We accept clean and gently used books for adults and children in these categories: fiction, non-fiction, religion, travel, cooking, self-help, parenting, gardening, hobbies, sports, arts and crafts, mystery, romance, sci-fi, philosophy, arts, animals, politics and more. We also accept CDs and DVDs and audio books. Please NO textbooks, magazines, VHS/cassette tapes or encyclopedias!! If you have any questions and/or would like to help with book sorting please contact Suellen Noland (email@example.com). We especially need sturdy copy paper boxes with lids.
• Country Store: New, or gently used items but please no furniture, clothing, computers/TV’s, etc. Please NO JUNK and remember that these items will be resold. We are in need of shelves or small concrete blocks (to borrow for store setup) and any extra shopping bags. Contact Stephanie Jullien at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-708-2422.
• DROP OFF for Starbooks and Country Store: Items for Starbooks and Country Store must be dropped off in our storage pod, which is located next to the youth house, adjacent to the main parking lot. Please DO NOT drop off in front of school office or gym. Drop off dates and times are as follows:
• 4/22 8:30-12:00 p.m.
• 4/29 8:30-12:00 p.m.
• 5/5 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
• 5/12 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Additionally, drop off at school drop off/pick up times may also be available. Please watch the bulletin for details.
Thank you everyone for all your help!
-Festival Planning Committee
CTK MONSIGNOR WADE GOLF TOURNAMENT: Save This Date! The tradition continues on September 10, 2018! The 22nd Annual Monsignor Wade Memorial Golf Tournament will take place at Oakhurst Country Club on Monday, September 10, 2018. For over two decades, this tournament has been a great way to raise funds for our school, build community and enjoy an awesome day of golf on a beautiful course. Get involved now! Join the CTK Golf Committee as a new member this year to help us plan the day and grow our list of partners. Or sign on as a tournament partner right now to help us make this year’s event the best one yet. If you know a local business that might be interested in being partner this year, please let us know. For more info, contact the CTK Golf Committee at email@example.com.
PARISH AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
4TH ANNUAL HOPE WALK: Please join the Cancer Support Community for its 4th Annual Hope Walk scheduled for Saturday, May 19th at Heather Farm from 8:30-12:30 pm. The registration fee is $25 and includes an event t-shirt. Register at hopewalkbayarea.net. Questions about the walk or the FREE services CSC provides to people who face cancer? Please call Carol at CSC 925-953-1209.