Published April 24, 2018 21:59
Dear School Families,
UPDATE FROM THE PRINCIPAL SEARCH COMMITTEE: The Committee met and was trained under the supervision of the Diocesan Associate Director of Human Resources to perform the various tasks that are necessary to select the best candidate possible for principal of CTK. Kathy Gannon-Briggs was chosen by the committee to be the chairperson. Father Paulson is very grateful for all the input he has received and taken into consideration in this important process. He has trust in the Principal Search Committee to do a thorough job and to represent CTK to the candidates. Megan Symonds has been named to the committee. She is a school parent, active member of the school and parish community, and the School Advisory Committee. Thank you and keep the Committee in your prayers.
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES:
Wednesday, April 25: Loaves & Fishes - Gr. 7 & 8
Dismissal - 2:15 p.m.
Thursday, April 26: Gr. 4 Field Trip 6:45 - 5:00 p.m.
Gr. 8 Retreat - 8:00 p.m.
Hot Lunch - Kinders BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Last day to order Scrip for 2017-2018 year
Friday, April 27: School Holiday
Last day to order CTK Spiritwear
Last day to purchase Mother Son Event tickets
Sunday, April 29: Drop off for Starbooks & Country Store at Pod 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Monday, April 30: PA Meeting - Media Center 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 1: Progress Reports go home
Wednesday, May 2: Minimum Day Dismissal - 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 3: Hot Lunch - Pizza
Friday, May 2: Dress Uniform
Mass 8:00 a.m. - Gr. 2 prepares
REQUEST FOR PRAYERS: For Deacon John Ashmore who suffered injuries in a bicycle accident. For those who are sick, homeless, hungry, and without work. We pray for all those who work in Catholic education and we thank them for this valuable ministry to our church.
MOTHER / SON EVENT-YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS! Mother / Son Event-Deadline to Sign Up is fast approaching! The 4th annual Mother/Son Event is an all-new outdoor, wilderness and archery adventure on Sunday, May 6 from 10am - 1pm at the Lafayette Reservoir (Upper Reserved Picnic Area). We are so excited with the great response so far. With a current total of 75 participants already signed up, we have already surpassed our initial goal of 60! Time is running out. Ticket Sales will end this Friday, April 27th, so please don’t delay. Everyone will receive a food order form via email so that each gourmet lunch meal is custom to you. All lunch orders and waivers will be due to the office by Wednesday May 2nd. The day will include fun games, a blind rope maze, planet swap and of course Archery. Don’t forget that older boys can count on being more challenged in the games and archery since we will have groups. Gourmet sandwiches from Sprouts (choices available), snacks, fruit, chips, beverages and a variety of desserts sure to please everyone. Each boy will get one raffle ticket for a chance to win one of these fabulous prizes, (list continues to grow!): Take me to the Movies gift basket, Play Ball Giants basket, Pool Fun Swimming Pack, De La Salle Goody Bag, Hoop Dreams Warriors basket, Ultimate Fieldhouse Basket, and Life is a Beach! Moms are in on this as well. Second prize option added: Spa Basket and Tone Me Up Basket. All this for just $65 per pair (Mom + 1 Son) and $25 for each additional son. For more information, please see the flyer in the download or Contact Arlene Santos (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Carolyn Della Maggiore (email@example.com).
FINAL TUITION PAYMENT: For families utilizing the 10-month payment option, your final tuition payment for the 2017-2018 school year is due on May 1st and will be delinquent on May 8th. No payments are due June and July. All families must have their tuition accounts paid in full by May 1, 2018. If you are in need of an extended payment plan you must contact the school office to make arrangements. Current students will not be considered re-registered for the 2018-2019 school year as long as this year’s tuition is unpaid. The first tuition payment for 2018-2019 is due on August 1, 2018.
CTK SPIRITWEAR: Important Dates - Spiritwear Sales Tuesday, April 17 - Friday, April 27
Spiritwear Sales: The Parent Association is excited to announce Spiritwear Sales for CTK Students and Family.
• Spiritwear can only be purchased through an online store during April 17 - April 27, then will be delivered to your child’s classroom in Mid-May.
• Adult and Child sizes are available, there are no returns or exchanges so please review the sizing charts on the website.
• Spiritwear will not replace uniform requirements, but will share our school spirit outside of school and on the occasional free dress day.
• Visit https://ctkspiritwear.itemorder.com to place your order with our vendor Gryco.
• The next sale will happen early in the 2018-2019 school year.
SCRIP NEWS: Last opportunity to make your SCRIP purchase count toward this school year’s School Fund Assessment is the order date of April 26th. The delivery of SCRIP purchased on this date will take place on May 3rd. All purchases after April 26th will count towards the next school year.
ScripSense users, please send in your account statement (screenshot of your earnings on your dashboard) by May 1st, if you’d like to include April 2018’s earnings. Also, please make sure that all family/friends who contribute to your school family account submit their statement together with your own statement. Please send statements to the attention of: Maryann Harrison. May 1st is the final deadline as year- end statements will be issued shortly thereafter.
Last order date before summer break is May 31st with delivery on June 7th. Plan your summer SCRIP needs and stock up. Don’t forget to order Classic Design Uniform Store SCRIP- these MAY NOT be available during the Uniform Sales Day! There will be NO physical SCRIP card sales during the summer. You can still purchase scripnow ecards and reload now through shopwithscrip during the summer months.
FESTIVAL MEDIEVAL MADNESS: Festival needs your help!
• Festival Signups: The Festival signups will be available for school families at 8pm on April 18. An email sent from CTKFESTIVALSCHEDULING@GMAIL.COM that contains the link to the site will be sent in advance. The e-mail distribution list will be the same one used for the Online Reporting of Family Service Hours email that was sent on March 27. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE the email sent on March 27, please send a note to CTKFESTIVALSCHEDULING@GMAIL.COM so that the distribution list can be updated with your correct email address.
• “Like new’ stuffed animals and glassware (glasses, cups, small dishes): Please bring your donations to the school office lobby in a box or bag labeled ‘Festival.’
• Baked goods: Please contact Nancy Molina at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help for the cakewalk and for bingo desserts.
• Talent for our talent show!: CTK TALENT SHOW IS COMING SOON! Have you thought of your talent yet? Are you practicing? It’s not too late! CTK Talent Show will be held Saturday, May 19th from 2:00–4:00 p.m. during the festival! For those planning to perform, please fill out the attached permission slip and act information sheet and return to the school office. The talent show practice will be held on Thursday, May 3rd from 3:00– 4:30 p.m. in the amphitheater. Email Amy Ghisletta (email@example.com) or Marisa Cox (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Can’t wait to see all of CTK’s talent!!!
• Raffle ticket mailing project: If you need fundraising hours that you can do from the comfort of your home then we need you! This project will take place over the next two weeks. If you can help please contact Lindsay Melaas at email@example.com ASAP for more details.
Please read the following specifications carefully:
• Starbooks: We accept clean and gently used books for adults and children in these categories: fiction, non-fiction, religion, travel, cooking, self-help, parenting, gardening, hobbies, sports, arts and crafts, mystery, romance, sci-fi, philosophy, arts, animals, politics and more. We also accept CDs and DVDs and audio books. Please NO textbooks, magazines, VHS/cassette tapes or encyclopedias!! If you have any questions and/or would like to help with book sorting please contact Suellen Noland (firstname.lastname@example.org). We especially need sturdy copy paper boxes with lids.
• Country Store: New, or gently used items but please no furniture, clothing, computers/TV’s, etc. Please NO JUNK and remember that these items will be resold. We are in need of shelves or small concrete blocks (to borrow for store setup) and any extra shopping bags. Contact Stephanie Jullien at email@example.com or 925-708-2422.
• DROP OFF for Starbooks and Country Store: Items for Starbooks and Country Store must be dropped off in our storage pod, which is located next to the youth house, adjacent to the main parking lot. Please DO NOT drop off in front of school office or gym. Drop off dates and times are as follows:
• 4/29 8:30-12:00 p.m.
• 5/5 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
• 5/12 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Thank you everyone for all your help!
-Festival Planning Committee
CTK MONSIGNOR WADE GOLF TOURNAMENT: Save This Date! The tradition continues on September 10, 2018! The 22nd Annual Monsignor Wade Memorial Golf Tournament will take place at Oakhurst Country Club on Monday, September 10, 2018. For over two decades, this tournament has been a great way to raise funds for our school, build community and enjoy an awesome day of golf on a beautiful course. Get involved now! Join the CTK Golf Committee as a new member this year to help us plan the day and grow our list of partners. Or sign on as a tournament partner right now to help us make this year’s event the best one yet. If you know a local business that might be interested in being partner this year, please let us know. For more info, contact the CTK Golf Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARISH AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS AT CARONDELET HIGH SCHOOL: Carondelet High School is inviting our school community to their annual “Winton Arts Festival”- a celebration of the artistic programs which highlight and showcase student work at both Carondelet and De La Salle High Schools. Events include:
• April 26-May 5 - Company presents Little Shop of Horrors (https://www.dlshs.org/arts/company) in the De La Salle Theater
• April 27 - Art Show opening at 6 p.m. at De La Salle (view the art before and after Little Shop of Horrors)
• May 11 - Concert & Jazz Band Concert at 7 p.m. in DLS Theater
4TH ANNUAL HOPE WALK: Please join Cancer Support Community for its 4th Annual Hope Walk scheduled for Saturday, May 19th at Heather Farm from 8:30-12:30 pm. The registration fee is $25 and includes an event t-shirt. Register at hopewalkbayarea.net. Questions about the walk or the FREE services CSC provides to people who face cancer? Please call Carol at CSC 925-953-1209.