Published December 12, 2017 22:09
VOLUME I NUMBER 18 DECEMBER 12, 2017
Dear School Families,
Advent Blessings Everyone,
In reflecting over this calendar year, I cannot help but be grateful for the multitude of blessings God has given me. I would like to thank each and every one of you for your dedication and the sacrifices you endure to make Christ the King a great school for our children. This is truly a community of faith, knowledge, and service and we thank you for all of your support.
HEADS UP: It’s that time of year when head lice become more prevalent. Please be on the lookout and caution your children not to share their hats and coats with each other. A few minutes of attention now may save you work and money later on!
CONGRATULATIONS: To Nicole Abudayeh (8th grade) who recently won first place in the St. Thomas More Society Essay Competition! In addition to receiving an award, Nicole will present her speech to the Society members at their Christmas luncheon.
REQUEST FOR PRAYERS: Prayers are requested for the Grandfather of Abigail (Gr. 7) and Logan (Gr. 5) Stofer who went to heaven this week. Let us pray for those who are sick, homeless, hungry and those without work.
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES
Wednesday, December 13: Advent Breakfast Goodies 7:30 a.m.
Dismissal - 2:15 p.m.
Auction Meeting - 7:00 p.m. Media Center
Thursday, December 14: Hot Lunch - Melos Pasta and Salad
Friday, December 15: Dress Uniform
Mass 8:00 a.m. - Gr. 5 Prepares
Saturday, December 16: Gr. 2 - First Reconciliation
A-L: 10:00 a.m.
M-Z: 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, December 19: School Reconciliation Grades 2-8 - 10:00 a.m.
Christmas Concert Rehearsal - 1:00 p.m.
Christmas Concert - 7:00 p.m. – Church
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Students to be seated in pews by 6:45 p.m.
Wednesday, December 20: Dress Uniform
Gifts for St. Boniface Assembly - 8:00 a.m.
Mass 9:15 a.m. - Gr. 8 Prepares
Minimum Day 12:00 p.m. Dismissal
* Extended Day Care AM ONLY - No after school care today*
Christmas Vacation Begins
Monday, January 1, 2018: Tuition Due
Wednesday, January 3: 8:00 a.m. - School resumes for all students
*Dismissal - 12:00 p.m.*
Thursday, January 4: Hot Lunch - Tacos
Friday, January 5: Dress Uniform
Mass 8:00 a.m. - Gr. 8 Prepares
STUDENT LEADERSHIP ADVENT GOODIES: Running late and don’t have time to fix breakfast? Our Student Leadership and parent volunteers will be selling breakfast goodies tomorrow morning, Wednesday, December 13th as an Advent Outreach Project to raise funds to benefit the St. Vincent de Paul Society Holiday Food Drive. Items include bagels, muffins, donuts, gluten free items, hot chocolate, and hot apple cider all served at 7:30 a.m. Breakfast goodies range from $1 to $2 per item.
SPECIAL THANKS: We are very grateful to our school families for their generous donations to our annual St. Vincent de Paul Holiday Food Drive. We were able to put together 36 dinner boxes in our Faith Families last week and thanks to your kindness, we were able to place additional items in each one. Every box provides a full Christmas dinner, complete with cards from the students and a Safeway Gift Card for the turkey. We know that these dinners will help to provide many needy families with a delicious meal at Christmas. The proceeds from the Advent Goodies go towards these St. Vincent de Paul Holiday Food Baskets. Thank you!
CHRISTMAS CONCERT PREVIEW INVITATION: Christ the King’s School cordially invite all grandparents, seniors, young siblings, and those who would miss the evening performance to the 2017 Christmas Choral Performance Rehearsal. There will be lots of holiday cheer for everyone! The rehearsal will be held on Tuesday, December 19th at Christ the King Church from 1:00 - 2:15 p.m. Please remember this is a rehearsal … teachers and staff will be instructing the students. This is a perfect opportunity for those who may not be able to attend the evening performance to enjoy the sounds of the season!
CHRISTMAS CONCERT INFORMATION: Tuesday, December 19th at Christ the King Church. The doors open at 6:30 p.m. Students will gather in their assigned areas at church at 6:45 p.m. The band begins at 6:45 p.m. and the concert begins at 7:00 p.m. The program will run for about one hour.
Attire for the Christmas Concert is dressy clothing as follows:
• Boys: Pants - dark black or navy, collared shirt - jewel tone in deep purple, red, green or blue.
• Girls: Skirt - dark black or navy, shirt or dress - jewel tone in deep purple, red, green or blue.
• No jeans, t-shirts, hats, or playtime attire
Please follow the guidelines for free dress in the Parent Student Handbook.
GIFTS FOR ST. BONIFACE: The San Francisco Police Department will be collecting gifts for St. Boniface Parish in San Francisco next Wednesday morning, December 20th. The SFPD will be on hand with their vehicles at our 8 a.m. morning assembly to load up our gifts for the less fortunate children and adults in the parish community in the Tenderloin District. To try and get the most even distribution of gifts possible, we ask that each student choose a gift as if they were buying it for themselves. For more information, please read the St. Boniface flyer included in the download before purchasing items. Please wrap and label the gifts for man, woman, infant, boy, or girl and include the item type, size, age range. Gift tags are included in today’s Family Envelope and the download.
FAMILY SERVICE HOURS: The online system for logging Family Service Hours is still under construction. Please continue to keep track of your hours individually. Thank you for your patience.
SCRIP NEWS: Check out ShopWithScrip for some great gift giving ideas! All orders need to be placed by December 14th to receive your scrip cards before Christmas break. Scrip will be going home the following week on December 20th and available to pick-up in the office until 12:00 p.m. Happy Shopping!
2018 "UNDER THE STARS" AUCTION UPDATE:
• MEETING: Tomorrow, December 13th at 7 PM in the Media Center. All are welcome!
• TICKETS: We still have some tickets left, so please buy yours today and join us "Under the Stars" for a fabulous evening supporting the CTK community. Tickets are $100 per person, please use this link: https://www.silentauctionpro.com/onlineticketpurchase.php?groupId=905
• SCRIP: Thank you to this week's SCRIP donors: The Baker Family and the Noland family, we appreciate your support!! Please visit the CTK website for more information on how to donate via SCRIP: bit.ly/CTKAuction. Your SCRIP donations help us to enhance silent and live items!
• DONATIONS: We are still procuring items so please contact email@example.com if you can donate any of the following: vacation home, timeshare, sporting tickets, concert tickets, tech items (consoles, drones, speakers, Apple gear), hobbies or experiences, or any unique item or VIP access! Donor forms are located online or in the CTK school office. Also, if you or your family (grandparents, aunts/uncles) would like to support CTK please visit our online gift registry: https://www.myregistry.com/public/ctkauction
• EXPERIENCES: CTK Experiences are the new "sign me up parties" of 2018 and we are excited to announce we have some AMAZING experiences donated. Look for a CTK "mini" Experience catalog in early January so you and your family can look through the Experiences and plan for what to buy and attend! CTK Experiences will be sold online before the auction beginning January 24th.
We still need YOU! Are you ready to host a CTK experience? All we need is some information from you on this easy to use form. Click here to fill out CTK Experience Form.
We appreciate you and your support-- it is because of YOU the CTK Auction is a successful and fabulous fundraiser each year!
TUITION REMINDER: January tuition payments (second installment payments for those who chose the two payment plan) are due on January 1st and late on January 8th. Payments made over Christmas Vacation can be post-dated and sent in prior to January 1st, mailed, or dropped in the mail slot under the front window of the office.
CTK PARISH/ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE: If you would like to help our environment committee decorate our church for Christmas, including flowers and Christmas trees, please consider donating using our Christmas Flower offering envelopes. You can find the envelopes in your boxed set or in the back of the church.
CYO CRAB FEED NEWS: CTK CYO 38th Annual Crab Feed will be held on Saturday, January 27, 2018, from 6:00 to 11 p.m. Tickets are on sale through the CTK CYO website @ctkcyohoops.org. Crab and Tri-Tip to be served again! Any questions can be sent to Allen.firstname.lastname@example.org.