Published February 27, 2018 22:47
Dear School Families,
Please read the important hardcopy letter from Fr. Paulson and Mr. Caban included in this week’s Family Envelope.
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES
Tuesday, February 27: Re-Registration Forms go home
Please see your physical Family Envelope for important information
Wednesday, February 28: Loaves & Fishes Grades 7 & 8 - 8:30-1:30 p.m.
Dismissal - 2:15 p.m.
Thursday, March 1: Tuition Due
Hot Lunch - McDonalds - Hamburgers /Cheeseburgers
Friday, March 2: Dress Uniform
Mass 8:00 a.m. - Gr. 1 prepares
Second Trimester ends
Monday, March 5: Third Trimester begins
Decoding Dyslexia - 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Church of the Resurrection
Tuesday, March 6: Report Cards go home
Wednesday, March 7: Minimum Day Dismissal - 12:00 p.m.
Returning Student Registration Forms & Fees due
REQUEST FOR PRAYERS: For Janet Regan, mother of Grace (Gr. 5) who will be undergoing surgery next Monday. For those who are sick, homeless, hungry, and without work. We pray for all those who work in Catholic education and we thank them for this valuable ministry to our church.
PARKING LOT SAFETY: We have had a number of fender benders in the parking lot the past few months. Please pay close attention when parking and exiting the parking lot. We appreciate your cooperation.
6TH ANNUAL CTK SPEECH TOURNAMENT: Our annual Speech Tournament returns this year providing another fun and exciting experience for our 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders. The theme this year is LEAD (L = Lifelong Learners, E = Effective Communicators, A = Active Person of Faith,
D = Dependable Citizens). Be sure to mark your calendars for our final round on Friday, April 20th in the Gym from 1-3:00 pm. For more info see the flyer in today’s Family Envelope.
SAVE THE DATE! Get ready for a whole new outdoor adventure at the 4th Annual Mother/Son event on Sunday, May 6. Details, pricing and more information to come. Questions? Please contact Arlene Santos at email@example.com, or Carolyn Della Maggiore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR INFORMATION
RE-REGISTRATION: Re-Registration forms for returning students are in your family envelope today. Forms and all or half of non-refundable Re-Registration Fees are due Wednesday, March 7th. Second installments of Re-Registration Fees are due Wednesday, March 28th.
OPENINGS: Christ the King School has openings for students going into Grade 2 for the 2018-2019 school year. If you know of a family who may be interested, please have them call the school office at 925-685-1109 for more details.
FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION: Diocesan and School financial aid programs may be available for families who qualify. While the primary responsibility for financing a student's Catholic education rests with the student's family, Christ the King Catholic School will make every effort to see that no child is denied access to a Catholic education based solely on lack of funds to pay tuition.
TUITION ASSISTANCE: There are three types of Tuition Assistance available to Christ the King families: BASIC, FACE, and the CTK Children’s Fund.
• BASIC (Bay Area Scholastic Inner City) is an outside source available to all new students in Grades K-8 whose families qualify for the free/reduced hot lunch program and/or meet the income criteria set by Basic Fund. The Basic Fund application income criteria guidelines are strictly adhered to. Applications are available online only at http://www.basicfund.org/how-to-apply-english/. BASIC Fund grants are on a “first come first serve” basis. If you are interested, please submit your application as soon as possible! The filing deadline is March 16, 2018.
• Diocese of Oakland FACE (Family Aid for Catholic Education) Grant is a Diocesan sponsored tuition assistance program available to all qualifying families requesting financial aid. A FACTS application is required and is due no later than March 16, 2018. Please contact the FACE office with any questions at 510-267-8358 or email at email@example.com.
• The CTK Children’s Fund is tuition assistance sponsored by Christ the King Catholic School and is primarily available to students currently attending Christ the King. A FACTS application is required and is due no later than March 16, 2018.
FACTS application instructions: FACTS applications are available online only at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/49NCY. Applications must include a copy of the family's most recent federal income tax return in order to verify the family's financial status and are due no later than March 16, 2018. For FAQ’s, visit https://FACTSmgt.com/grant-and-aid.
SCHOOL FUND ASSESSMENT (SFA) NEWS:
• SCRIP: The last day to purchase scrip for the 2017/18 Scrip Year is April 30th. Purchases after April 30th will be credited to next year’s SFA.
• CORPORATE MATCH DONATIONS: ALL families participating in an employer based Corporate Match program are required to submit documentation to CTK. Often times we receive lump sum distributions on a monthly or quarterly basis we need your information to apply credits accordingly.
Please send the following to the office marked "SFA-Corporate Match". Include your name, and the name and grade of your oldest child:
1. A copy of the pledge form you filled out for your employer along with any supporting documentation or explanation indicating the term, pledge amount and details
2. A sheet containing:
- your employer name
- corporate match company managing your pledge
- your scheduled withholding
- the plan disbursement schedule (if you are aware)
- term of your commitment
CTK must receive "matching" checks by April 30th in order to count towards the 2017/2018 SFA requirement. We can only apply credits for actual funds received. Any funds received after April 30th will be applied to the next year's SFA requirement.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARISH AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
ST. PATRICK’S DAY CELEBRATION: The Knights of Columbus invite you to join us for our annual St Patrick’s Day celebration at CTK, on Saturday, March17th at 5.30 p.m., in the CTK Gym. See the enclosed flyer in today’s Family Envelope and download for more information.
DECODING DYSLEXIA: Does your child struggle with reading or spelling? Come learn how to be a positive advocate in this free seminar hosted by Decoding Dyslexia, a nonprofit parent support group.
Our guest speaker will be Joanne Gouaux, who will talk about "How to Advocate for Students with Reading and Spelling Struggles." Joanne's advocacy work has included organizing the Napa Wrightslaw conference and participating and helping lead the West Contra Costa County School District Special Education and Beyond Resources Workshop Series, Decoding Dyslexia Hill Days in Washington D.C., and Visionary Conference, San Diego (Coaching Parents of Dyslexic/ADHD.) We hope to see you there!
The meeting will take place on March 5 from 7 to 8:30 at Church of the Resurrection's community room, 399 Gregory Lane in Pleasant Hill. (Parking off of Kahrs). For more information, please contact Kate Halfon at email@example.com.