Published March 20, 2018 21:37
Dear School Families,
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES
Wednesday, March 21: Second Installment of Re-Registration Fee Due
Dismissal 2:15 p.m.
Thursday, March 22: All School Lent Reconciliation - 10:00 a.m.
Hot Lunch - Pasta & Salad from Melos
Friday, March 23: Dress Uniform
Mass 8:00 a.m. - Gr. 7 prepares
Monday, March 26: Gr. 8 Retreat 8:15 - 2:45 p.m.
Parent Association Meeting 7:00 p.m. - Media Center
Tuesday, March 27: Gr. 3 Field Trip 9 - 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 28: Loaves & Fishes - Gr. 7 & 8
Dismissal 2:15 p.m.
Thursday, March 29: Holy Thursday
Prayer Service 10:00 a.m. - Gr. 6 prepares
Minimum Day 12:00 Dismissal
Friday, March 30 - Sunday Easter Vacation
Monday, April 9: School Resumes
Sewer repair work for the gym is beginning this week! The single parking row against the gym and hall entrances and the next two double car parking rows will not be available for parking this week. Please be patient and extremely careful when driving and parking. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation to keep everyone safe.
REQUEST FOR PRAYERS: For those who are sick, homeless, hungry, and without work. We pray for all those who work in Catholic education and we thank them for this valuable ministry to our church.
SCIENCE FAIR WINNERS: Last weekend three of our middle school students participated in the Contra Costa County Science Fair at Los Medanos College in Pittsburg.
• Nicole Abudayeh: First Place in Junior High for the Environmental Science Category and was nominated to participate in the State Competition, National Competition, and also won the Sweepstakes Prize.
• Jessica Chisar: Second Place in Junior High for the Biological Science Category and was nominated to participate in the National Competition.
• Sam Pickett: Second Place in Junior High for the Behavioral Science Category.
Congratulations to all our students for their hard work and accomplishments! Thank you for proudly representing Christ the King School and good luck in the next round of competition.
COME OUT AND JOIN THE FUN! The 4th annual Mother/Son Event is an all-new outdoor, wilderness and archery adventure on Sunday, May 6 from 10am - 1pm at the Lafayette Reservoir (Upper Reserved Picnic Area). The day includes a light hike, team-building activities, archery lessons, a picnic lunch and more! The price is $65 per pair (Mom + 1 Son) and $25 for each additional son. For more information, please see the flyer in today’s Family Envelope and download.
REGISTRATION FOR 2018-2019 FEES DUE: A reminder that the 2nd installment for next year’s Registration Fees is due tomorrow, March 21st, if payment has not been made in full.
APRIL TUITION REMINDER: April tuition payment is due on April 1st and late on April 8th. Payments made over Easter Vacation can be post-dated and sent in prior to April 1st, mailed, or dropped in the mail slot under the front window of the office.
FESTIVAL MEDIEVAL MADNESS:
• Festival T-Shirt pre-orders: 2018 Festival T-Shirt Pre-order forms are in today's Family download. The deadline for pre-orders is Wednesday, March 28. Don't forget, your child can wear the T-shirt to school during Festival Week!
Check out this year's T-shirt design! A sample is in today’s Family Download. The shirts will be super soft Next Level (brand) T’s similar to last year.
• Festival Sponsors: The Festival Committee would love your help in finding some additional festival sponsors. Please see the flier containing details of sponsorship levels.
• Talent Show: ARE YOU READY?? THE CTK TALENT SHOW IS COMING! Grab your friends, your siblings, your classmates - and start practicing! The talent show is open to children of all ages, and guess what?!? Parents, this year you too can join the fun! The CTK Talent Show will be held Saturday, May 19th - FESTIVAL WEEKEND! More details to come in the near future, but for now mark your calendars and let the singing, dancing, playing begin! Talent show participants must be students/families of CTK School or CTK Parishioners. Any questions, please email Amy Ghisletta firstname.lastname@example.org or Marisa Cox email@example.com.