Published May 16, 2018 12:55
Dear School Families,
This week is packed with Festival and end of year information so I will keep my notes short. Only to say I look forward to seeing all of you Festival.
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES
Monday, May 14 - Friday, May 18: Festival Spirit Week - Wear Festival T-Shirts with Uniform
Wednesday, May 16: Last day of Festival T-shirt Sales before School
Dismissal - 2:15 p.m.
Thursday, May 17: Hot Lunch - Melo’s Mac and Cheese
Friday, May 18: Wear Festival Shirts with Dress Uniform
Mass 8:00 a.m. - Gr. 8 prepares
Festival Ticket/Wristband Pick-up Upper Parking Lot 3:00 - 3:45 p.m.
CTK Festival Medieval Madness 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 19: CTK Festival Medieval Madness 12:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 22: 2018-19 Packets go home
Wednesday, May 23: Loaves & Fishes Gr. 7 - 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal - 2:15 p.m.
Thursday, May 24: Hot Lunch - Tacos
Friday, May 25: Dress Uniform
Mass 8:00 a.m. - Gr. 5 prepares
Minimum Day Dismissal - 12:00 p.m.
Monday, May 28: Memorial Day - School Holiday
FESTIVAL - MEDIEVAL MADNESS
• Festival Spirit with Festival T-Shirts at School: Students can share their Festival Spirit the rest of this week by wearing a Festival T-shirt from any year to school with uniform pants, shorts, skorts, jumpers, or skirts. If students choose to not wear a Festival T-shirt, they must be dressed in their regular school uniform. Friday is Dress Uniform but white shirts can be replaced with Festival T-shirts.
• Festival T-Shirt Sales: Tomorrow morning will be the last morning for Festival T-Shirt sales before school. New and past years’ t-shirts will be sold during Festival at the information booth.
• Tickets and Wristbands: Preordered tickets and wristbands can be picked up on Friday, May 18 from 3:00-3:45 outside the school gym facing the parking lot.
• Cake Bakers - Cake boxes for baked goods: Boxes were sent home today. Baked goods drop off begins at 3:00 on Friday, May 18 in the Gym Kitchen. Please contact Nancy Molina at email@example.com with any questions.
• Important Good Neighbor Policy: The excitement of Festival weekend is upon us! Every year while we enjoy the food, fun, and games at our Parish Festival, our local neighbors have families attending our event parking illegally, blocking their driveways and homes. Please remember: DO NOT park in any No-Parking Zones, Red Zones, Driveways, etc. We ask you all to please demonstrate the “Good Neighbor” policy this weekend and park legally, and with thought to our elderly parishioners as well who attend Saturday Mass. Let’s all get healthy and walk in from a distance giving them a close place to park. Additionally, please exit the parking lots and turn right as this will help us to maintain a manageable flow of traffic in and out of CTK. Thank you and we will see you there!
• Festival Signups: We still need volunteers to sign up to help during Festival Weekend, especially Saturday night!! Sign up at http://signup.com/go/RFfSuqy. Please note we are offering DOUBLE FUNDRAISING HOURS for cleanup shifts on Sunday from
8:00 - 10:30 a.m. and 10:30 - 1:00 p.m.
• Stuffed Animals and Glassware: Please bring your donations to the school office lobby in a box or bag labeled “Festival.”
REQUEST FOR PRAYERS: Prayers are requested for Deacon John Ashmore as he recovers from surgery. For those who are sick, homeless, hungry, and without work. We pray for all those who work in Catholic education and we thank them for this valuable ministry to our church.
SPECIAL EVENTS FOR SPECIAL PEOPLE: Please join our CTK family as we begin honoring and celebrating the many contributions, years of dedication, and loyalty of the following people:
Friday, June 1, 2018
Mass 10:00 a.m.
Debbie Wilson and Marianne Carini
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Mass 10:00 a.m.
We are looking forward to telling them how much we will miss them and wishing them Godspeed. See you there!!
2018-2019 PACKETS COMING YOUR WAY: Our 2018-2019 Packet will be sent home next Tuesday, May 22nd. Family name specific letters, etc. will be included in your Family Envelope in a special large envelope marked 2018-2019 Packet. In addition, many flyers and other important information will be available online for you to download. Please complete and return all required information to school in the Packet envelope by Wednesday, May 30th.
LAST HOT LUNCH: Thursday May 24th will be the last Thursday hot lunch for 2017-2018.
SCRIP NEWS: School Fund Obligation year end statements for 2017-2018 are in today’s Family Envelope. Balances are due in full by 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 24th. Please see detailed information in your Family Envelope.
8TH GRADE PARENTS: This is a reminder to all 8th grade families who will be leaving our school community this May: All financial obligations (Tuition and School Fund Assessment) must be paid in full by Thursday, May 24th.
FINAL TUITION PAYMENT: Please contact the school office if your tuition is not paid in full. Current students will not be considered re-registered for the 2018-2019 school year as long as this year’s tuition is unpaid.
FIRST TUITION PAYMENTS FOR 2018-2019: No payments are due in June and July. The first tuition payment for 2018-2019 is due on August 1, 2018.
PARISH AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
BOB BUCCI MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT OF HOPE: Join the Bucci Family for the second annual Bob Bucci Memorial Tournament of Hope. All proceeds raised will go directly to the Northern California Family Center (www.ncfc.us). Last year, with over 40 participants in the inaugural event, we raised over $6,500 for the NCFC, which has been placing foster children, training foster parents and providing intensive clinical, shelter and referral services for runaway, homeless, neglected and abused youth in Contra Costa County since 1978. The golf tournament is a scramble format and will be held on Friday June 15th, 2018 at Franklin Canyon Golf Course. Details for registering and/or to make a donation can be found on the event website: https://www.planmygolfevent.com/31555-BBMT/index.html
MUSICAL THEATER PERFORMANCE - GREASE: Many of our students will be performing in
“Grease-School Edition” at the Danville Village Theatre, 233 Front Street, Danville.
Performances are: Saturday, May 26 at 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 27 at 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 29 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 30 at 7:00 p.m.
For more info call 925-451-3027.