Published May 17, 2017 19:50
Dear School Families,
This week is packed with Festival and end of year information so I will keep my notes short. Only to say I look forward to seeing all of you Festival.
Tomorrow's State of the School presentation will be at 7:00 a.m. in the 6th Grade Classroom. The State of the School is a brief informational session covering a variety of school related topics such as academics, finance, and community. Parents are invited to attend and can drop students at CLUB without charge. If you are unable to attend we will be providing a link to a recording.
IMPORTANT GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICY: The excitement of Festival weekend is upon us! Every year while we enjoy the food, fun, and games at our Parish Festival, our local neighbors have families attending our event parking illegally, blocking their driveways and homes. Please remember: DO NOT park in any No-Parking Zones, Red Zones, Driveways, etc. We ask you all to please demonstrate the “Good Neighbor” policy this weekend and park legally, and with thought to our elderly parishioners as well who attend our weekend Masses. Let’s all get healthy and walk in from a distance giving them a close place to park. Additionally, please exit the parking lots and turn right as this will help us to maintain a manageable flow of traffic in and out of CTK. Thank you and we will see you there!
• SIGNUP INFORMATION: Many slots still need to be filled. Sign up to volunteer at Festival. Signups are live https://signup.com/group/424395600041 Note that we are using a new online system. While you do not need to create an account, you will need to provide your name, e-mail address and phone number as well as the First Name, Last Name and grade of the oldest CTK student in your family for each signup. We worked to keep the site navigation similar to what you may be used to, however there are some slight differences. If you have trouble using the site, there is an extensive Help page, or you can email one of us at \firstname.lastname@example.org\
• PRE-SALE TICKET PICK-UP: If you ordered Pre-sale Festival tickets they will be available for pick-up at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, in front of the Parish Hall. If you cannot pick up at 3:00 they will be available at Will Call during Festival hours.
• **CTK TALENT SHOW** The talent show is coming – THIS Saturday, May 20th from 1:30 – 4:00pm!! Come out and support all of our CTK talent! If you haven’t already signed up, you can still submit your permission slip and information to Amy Ghisletta email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN TIME – we’re starting a little earlier than originally scheduled. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
• FESTIVAL CLEAN-UP KIDS NEEDED: Please sign up to help keep our school grounds & gym clean during Festival. Earn play tickets for your participation. See the signup sheet that is in today’s Family Envelope and also in the download.
• CAKE WALK BAKERS: Calling all bakers! We are in need of baked goods for both the cakewalk and for bingo desserts. If you love to bake and can help us out we would be most appreciative. We would love to accept your delicious cookies, cakes, cupcakes, bars, and banana bread, cake pops etc. Please contact Nancy Molina at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.
• **WINE DONATIONS: GETTING CLOSE! **
We are getting close to our donation needs! Please keep them coming!! Any varietal greatly appreciated. Bottles need to be valued at $25 or more please. Bottles can be given to Erin Meadows (text her to arrange pick up/drop off at 925.822.7465) OR you can leave at the office, but please label them "WINE RAFFLE" so they don't get mixed up with the "WINE TOSS." THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help!!
• **Sunday tear down for Festival. Remember Sunday at 2:00 p.m. on the 21st; all persons helping with tear down will be guaranteed 6 personal choice or fund raising hours. Just a hint: the last 3 years we have been done by 5:30 pm so 3+ hours to get 6 is not too bad.
2017-2018 PACKETS COMING YOUR WAY: Next Tuesday, May 23rd the 2017-2018 Packet will be sent home in your Family Envelope. Many flyers and other important information will be available on the school website for you to download to complete and return to school in the envelope marked 2017-2018 Packet. Family name specific letters, etc. will be included in your Family Envelope next Tuesday!! All papers are due on Wednesday, May 31st.
FAMILY SERVICE LOG SHEETS NOW DUE: All 2016-17 Family Service hour submissions are now due. Final statements for families with 8th grade students will be in next Tuesday's Family Envelope. All other families will receive their statements in the May 30th envelope. Submit hours using the log sheets available in the office binder or in the download today. Contact Mary Beth Mockler if you have questions: email@example.com. Short on hours? Extra hours worked Festival weekend can be used to supplement your personal choice or fundraising totals.
FAMILY SERVICE HOURS: We will begin billing right after Festival ends. Reminder, all
Festival shifts you plan to work must be recorded in the Scheduling Program at http://ctkFestival.volunteerhub.com, because the tally of Festival hours will be generated from these Schedules. Festival hours are hours worked beginning Friday, May 13th at 6 p.m.
8TH GRADE PARENTS: This is a reminder to all 8th grade families who will be leaving our school community this June: All financial obligations (Tuition, Extended Care, and School Fund Assessment) must be paid in full by Friday, May 19th.
HOT LUNCH NEWS: Hi CTK parents, the year is winding down and we are still looking for one or two parents to head up Hot Lunch next year. The job would involve shopping for food and ordering the main dish from local restaurants, creating the weekly menu and scheduling your volunteers. Hot Lunch is every Thursday 11-1 with 2 crews of 4 to 5 people working every other week. Team members can earn all regular hours and 5 fundraising hours. If you are interested and want more information please contact Kathy Ridgway at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 925-383-8261.
LAST HOT LUNCH: Thursday May 25th will be the last Thursday hot lunch for 2016-2017.
HOPE WALK: Please consider walking in Hope Walk in support of Mrs. Beel. It is a 3-mile walk around Heather Farms Park and raises money for Cancer Support Community. See the website for more information. We hope to see you there! https://hopewalkbayarea.rallybound.org/
• Last order for this school year is May 31st with delivery by June 8th. Order around your summer plans movies, Hyatt Hotels, Disney, restaurants, etc. summer fun!
• Also don’t forget to sign up for the Scrip Sense Program. It’s a great way to continue to earn your SFA obligation.
• IN/OUT Scrip is back in stock. Place your orders now.
• Classic Designs Uniform Scrip will be available at the Uniform Sale on Wednesday, July 26th.
PTG NEWS: Have you ever wanted to join PTG? Now is the time! PTG has open spots and is looking for new people to join. The open spots are Mother Son Chair, Social and Hospitality (2 people), Art Awareness Co Chair (looking for a parent with kids in Kindergarten, 1st or 2nd) and Garden Awareness Co Chair. If interested please email the PTG President Megan Lopoz at email@example.com.
• PTG Uniform Exchange- Don’t know what to do with all of the old uniforms your kids have outgrown? Anything that is still in good condition can be turned into the school office labeled “Uniform Exchange”. The PTG will have a uniform exchange sometime this summer. Any questions contact Megan Lopoz at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Don’t miss the opportunity to see the Beauty and the Beast production in June. See the flyer in todays download
IMPORTANT DATES AHEAD:
Wednesday, May 17:
State of the School – 7:00 a.m. – Grade 6
Wear Festival T-Shirts with Uniform Bottoms
Dismissal – 2:15 p.m.
Thursday, May 18:
Wear Festival T-Shirts with uniform
Hot Lunch – Tacos
Friday, May 19:
8:00 a.m. Liturgy Gr. K-8 – Gr. 8 prep
Wear Festival T-Shirts with Sweatshirts and Uniform bottoms
Festival 2017 – 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 20:
Festival 2017 – Noon – 10:00 p.m.
Talent Show – 1:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 21:
Festival 2017 - 10:00 – 2:00 p.m.