Published May 02, 2017 21:27
Dear School Families,
Please pay special attention, as there is a great deal of information and important attachments in this week’s letter.
Sadly, Christine Cosbey, our music teacher will be unable to return this year. She is pregnant and temporarily put on bed rest. Mom and baby are okay. Rick Lejano (Parish Youth Minister) has graciously agreed to lead our school choir for the remainder of our school year.
A special thank you to Grade 3 and Grade 6 parents for providing a delicious lunch for our faculty and staff. Thank you to all parents and students who showered us with beautiful flowers, gifts and cards for Teacher Appreciation Day and to KKDV for treats, coffee and a special shout out on the radio. We appreciate all of your generosity!
SPEECH CONTEST WINNERS: Congratulations to our Speech Contest winners:
• 1st Karlie Makhoul
• 2nd Caroline Rardin
• 3rd Jessica Chisar
CONGRATULATIONS: John King (Gr. 8) is now an Eagle Scout. If you are not familiar with Eagle Scouts, it is a very long and hard process. Most boys don't reach it until age 17. Very few reach it at John's age of 14. John's Court of Honor Ceremony is on June 3rd.
• Tomorrow Wednesday, May 3rd dismissal at 2:15 p.m.
• Friday, May 5th dismissal at 12:00 p.m.
• Parking Lot Drive Through Pick-Up: Please be mindful when using the drive through pick-up at end of school day. If this line is backed up to the entrance gate, bypass the line drive into the parking lot and park your car. Walk to the grass to pick up your children. Do not block the entrance of the gate; it causes a big back-up on Gregory Lane. Despite our best efforts some days are more impacted than others.
REQUEST FOR PRAYERS: Prayers are requested for those who are fighting cancer, those who are sick, those who are recovering from surgery, those who are hungry and homeless and those who need our prayers.
GARDEN CAFÉ: The Garden Café is open this Friday from 7:30-9:30 a.m. To stay traditional with the May 5th, Cinco de Mayo we will have TACO BAR!! Come start the Cinco De Mayo celebrations with a homemade breakfast of eggs from our resident chickens, bacon/sausage, homemade salsa, guacamole, beans, hash browns and we will have some sweet scones from our brilliant bakers! Fresh fruit, organic coffee and tea. Please come celebrate the last café with us.
MANDATORY FIRST COMMUNION PRACTICE: All 2nd Grade students making First Communion this Saturday must attend the mandatory practice to be held Thursday, May 4th from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. for 10:00 for Saturday, May 6th and 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. for 12:00 p.m. First Communion.
FINAL TUITION PAYMENT: For families utilizing the 10-month payment option, your final tuition payment for the 2016-2017 school year was due Monday, May 1st and will be delinquent on May 8th. All families must have 2016-17 tuition accounts paid in full by this date. If you need an extended payment plan you must contact the school office to make arrangements. Current students will not be considered re-registered for the 2017-2018 school year as long as this year’s tuition is unpaid. No payments are due in June and July. The first tuition payment for 2017-2018 is due on August 1, 2017.
FAMILY SERVICE HOURS: A summary of all family service hours submitted prior to the start of Easter break is included in today's envelope. Please review and notify Mary Beth Mockler (email@example.com) of any discrepancies. Outstanding hours for are to be submitted by May 5th. Eighth grade families have until May 10 to submit additional hours worked in May, while families in all other grades have until May 17 to submit additional May hours. Balance statements for 2016-17 will be sent home in the next few weeks..
• SIGNUP INFORMATION: Sign up to volunteer at Festival. Signups are live https://signup.com/group/424395600041 Note that we are using a new online system. While you do not need to create an account, you will need to provide your name, e-mail address and phone number as well as the First Name, Last Name and grade of the oldest CTK student in your family for each signup. We worked to keep the site navigation similar to what you may be used to, however there are some slight differences. If you have trouble using the site, there is an extensive Help page, or you can email one of us at \firstname.lastname@example.org\
• CAKE WALK BAKERS: Calling all bakers! We are in need of baked goods for both the cakewalk and for bingo desserts. If you love to bake and can help us out we would be most appreciative. We would love to accept your delicious cookies, cakes, cupcakes, bars, banana bread, cake pops etc. Please contact Nancy Molina at email@example.com if you are able to help.
• TICKETS AND WRISTBANDS: The order form for tickets/wristbands is included in today’s download. Orders are due May 10th.
• ***CTK TALENT SHOW*** The talent show is coming Saturday, May 20th from 2:00 – 4:00! If you haven’t already signed up, please complete the permission slip and act information sheet in today’s envelope and return to the school office or to Amy Ghisletta by May 11th. Practice for the talent show will be held THURSDAY, MAY 11th from 3:00pm – 5:00pm. (PLEASE NOTE – THE PRACTICE HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM MAY 4th TO MAY 11th!!)
• FESTIVAL SPIRIT WITH FESTIVAL T-SHIRTS AT SCHOOL: Students can share their Festival Spirit next week, starting Monday, May 15th, by wearing a Festival T-shirt from any year to school with uniform pants, shorts, skorts, jumpers, or skirts through the end of the week, Friday, May 19th. If students choose to not wear a Festival T-shirt, they must be dressed in their regular school uniform.
• ITEMS TO DONATE: Drop off any “like new” stuffed animals and glassware (glasses, cups, small dishes) to the School Office Lobby in a box or bag labeled “Festival”.
• STARBOOKS IS BACK! We are accepting books for the Starbooks room at Festival. We accept clean and gently used books for adults and children in these categories: fiction, non-fiction, religion, travel, cooking, self-help, parenting, gardening, hobbies, sports, arts and crafts, mystery, romance, sci-fi, philosophy, arts, animals, politics and more. We also accept CDs and DVDs and audio books. Please NO textbooks, magazines, VHS/cassette tapes or encyclopedias!! If you have any questions and/or would like to help with book sorting please contact Suellen Noland (firstname.lastname@example.org). We especially need sturdy copy paper boxes with lids. Please drop off the boxes with your donations outside the gym doors (please don’t block the doors) through May 18th.
• FESTIVAL PLANNING MEETING: Will be TONIGHT Tuesday, May 2 at 7pm in room 222. Find out how you can help make this years festival a success!
IMPORTANT DATES AHEAD:
Tuesday, May 2:
Festival Meeting – 7:00 p.m. – Room 222
Wednesday, May 3:
Dismissal – 2:15 p.m.
School Board Meeting – 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 4:
Free Dress – Thank you to the Kennedy and Malone Families for Auction Donation
Hot Lunch – Pasta (Melo’s) and Salad
First Communion Practice – 4:00 -5:00 p.m. for 10:00 1st Communion
First Communion Practice – 5:00 -6:00 p.m for 12:00 1st Communion
Friday, May 5:
Mass – 8:00 a.m. – Gr. 4 prep
Garden Café – 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. – Last one!
Dismissal – 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 6:
1st Communion 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Monday, May 8: