Published May 09, 2017 21:53
Dear School Families,
We have gotten the approval for our 2017-18 budget from both the CTK School Advisory Board and Fr. Paulson so we are now able to release the updated tuition rates for next year. You will find that our tuition and fees remain highly competitive for the level of service that our students receive. For more details, please see the attached letter from the School Board. For those who share my attention span, the increase is 3.5%.
With so much happening over the next month we hate to add one more thing to all of your calendars but… I am going to anyway.
Next Wednesday morning May 17th at 7:00 a.m. I will be holding the CTK State of the School presentation for parents and guardians interested in learning more about what is happening now and in the future with our school. Agenda topics are to include: academic updates, curriculum updates, fundraising, finance, etc. If all of that doesn’t sound incredible I don’t know else to tell you…except be there 7:00 a.m., next Wednesday May 17th, location TBD. If you cannot attend, a video link will be shared the following week.
Free CLUB will be available for those families attending the presentation Monday, May 17th at 7:00 a.m.
REQUEST FOR PRAYERS: Prayers requested for Audrey Jullian (Gr. 7) as she recovers from a knee infection for those who are ill, those who are fighting cancer, those who are hungry, homeless and those who need our prayers.
• SIGNUP INFORMATION: Sign up to volunteer at Festival. Signups are live https://signup.com/group/424395600041 Note that we are using a new online system. While you do not need to create an account, you will need to provide your name, e-mail address and phone number as well as the First Name, Last Name and grade of the oldest CTK student in your family for each signup. We worked to keep the site navigation similar to what you may be used to, however there are some slight differences. If you have trouble using the site, there is an extensive Help page, or you can email one of us at \email@example.com\
• CAKE WALK BAKERS: Calling all bakers! We are in need of baked goods for both the cakewalk and for bingo desserts. If you love to bake and can help us out we would be most appreciative. We would love to accept your delicious cookies, cakes, cupcakes, bars, banana bread, cake pops etc. Please contact Nancy Molina at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.
**WINE DONATIONS: GETTING CLOSE! **
We are getting close to our donation needs! Please keep them coming!! Any varietal greatly appreciated. Bottles need to be valued at $25 or more please. Bottles can be given to Erin Meadows (text her to arrange pick up/drop off at 925.822.7465) OR you can leave at the office, but please label them "WINE RAFFLE" so they don't get mixed up with the "WINE TOSS." THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help!!
• TICKETS AND WRISTBANDS: The order form for tickets/wristbands is included in today’s today’s Family Envelope and download. Orders are due May 10th.
• ***CTK TALENT SHOW*** The talent show is coming Saturday, May 20th from 2:00 – 4:00! If you haven’t already signed up, please complete the permission slip and act information sheet in today’s envelope and return to the school office or to Amy Ghisletta by May 11th. Practice for the talent show will be held THURSDAY, MAY 11th from 3:00pm – 5:00pm.
• FESTIVAL SPIRIT WITH FESTIVAL T-SHIRTS AT SCHOOL: Students can share their Festival Spirit next week, starting Monday, May 15th, by wearing a Festival T-shirt from any year to school with uniform pants, shorts, skorts, jumpers, or skirts through the end of the week, Friday, May 19th. If students choose to not wear a Festival T-shirt, they must be dressed in their regular school uniform.
• ITEMS TO DONATE: Drop off any “like new” stuffed animals and glassware (glasses, cups, small dishes) to the School Office Lobby in a box or bag labeled “Festival”.
• STARBOOKS IS BACK! We are accepting books for the Starbooks room at Festival. We accept clean and gently used books for adults and children in these categories: fiction, non-fiction, religion, travel, cooking, self-help, parenting, gardening, hobbies, sports, arts and crafts, mystery, romance, sci-fi, philosophy, arts, animals, politics and more. We also accept CDs and DVDs and audio books. Please NO textbooks, magazines, VHS/cassette tapes or encyclopedias!! If you have any questions and/or would like to help with book sorting please contact Suellen Noland (email@example.com). We especially need sturdy copy paper boxes with lids. Please drop off the boxes with your donations outside the gym doors (please don’t block the doors) through May 18th.
**Sunday tear down for Festival. Remember Sunday, May 21st at 2:00 p.m. all persons helping with tear down will be guaranteed 6 personal choice or fund raising hours. Just a hint: the last 3 years we have been done by 5:30 pm so 3+ hours to get 6 is not too bad.
8TH GRADE PARENTS: This is a reminder to all 8th grade families who will be leaving our school community this June: All financial obligations (Tuition, Extended Care, Family Service Hours, and School Fund Assessment) must be paid in full by Friday, May 19th.
SCRIP NEWS: We will be selling Classic Designs Uniform Scrip at the uniform sale, on Wednesday, July 26th from 9-12 p.m.
PTG NEWS: Have you ever wanted to join PTG? Now is the time! PTG has open spots and is looking for new people to join. The open spots are Mother Son Chair, Social and Hospitality (2 people), Art Awareness Co Chair (looking for a parent with kids in Kindergarten, 1st or 2nd) and Garden Awareness Co Chair. If interested please email the PTG President Megan Lopoz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• PTG Uniform Exchange- Don’t know what to do with all of the old uniforms your kids have outgrown? Anything that is still in good condition can be turned into the school office labeled “Uniform Exchange”. The PTG will have a uniform exchange sometime this summer. Any questions contact Megan Lopoz at email@example.com
DAYCARE ASSISTANT NEEDED: CLUB CTK is looking for two high school students to assist with our after school program for 2017-2018 school year. The main responsibilities are:
• Oversee playground activities
• Assist with homework
• Snack preparation
• Help with clean up
These are paid positions at CTK. The hours/days are flexible from 2:50 to 5:10 p.m. M-F.
All interested candidates should contact Mike Doyle@clubctkschool.org or call the
School Office at 685-1109.
HOPE WALK: Please consider walking in the Hope Walk in honor of Mrs. Beel. It is a 3-mile walk around Heather Farms Park and raises money for Cancer Support Community. See the website for more information. We hope to see you there! https://hopewalkbayarea.rallybound.org/
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Don’t miss the opportunity to see the Beauty and the Beast production in June. See the flyer in todays download
IMPORTANT DATES AHEAD:
Wednesday, May 10:
Dismissal – 2:15 p.m.
Thursday, May 11:
Hot Lunch – Hot Dogs
Talent Show Practice – 3:00 p.m. – Amphitheater
Friday, May 12:
8:00 a.m. Liturgy Gr. K-8 – Gr. 2 prep
1st Communion Pictures
Gr. 8 – Field Trip 8:45 – 5:00 p.m.
Gr. 8 Dance at St. Agnes – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, May 14:
Happy Mother’s Day
Monday, May 15:
Wear Festival T-Shirts with Uniform Bottoms
Wednesday, May 17:
State of the School – 7:00 a.m. – place TBD